Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ah-ha.... Copycat?

Okay.....I'm a dirty copycat! A few of the blogs that I follow ( Tales of a Tai Tai  for example) have done this post. I really enjoyed it so I thought I would follow suit.  Hope you enjoy mine too. Now....


50 Random Facts about Me
  1. I had my ears pierced at 26. I wasn't scared, I just never got around to it.
  2. I love, love, love Reality TV. Amazing Race, Survivor, Top Model, Real Housewives of everywhere! Love it!
  3. I won a State Sprint Rowing Championship when I was 15. Only over 500m, but I have the certificate and medal to show for it
  4. I hate cooking. My husband cooks most nights. I will cook things for the girls, but I hate the idea of cooking dinner. Revise this: I hate cooking Savoury things. I do sweet, and I do sweet well.
  5. I love entertaining though. I will plan the menu and set the table, but just not cook the food!
  6. I loved being pregnant
  7. I really enjoyed my labours (I'm sure I wasn't thinking that at the time!!). I was lucky enough to have two pretty straight forward, natural deliveries.
  8. Despite being overweight, I love pump classes and have just found running. My short term goal is 5k without stopping. I am actually quite active. Clearly food is my weakness.
  9. I hate saying no to party invitations. I think this is because I hate knowing that people will be having fun and I wont be there.
  10. I cried at the end of Toy Story 3. When Andy leaves the toys with the Bonnie. SO sad!!!
  11. I dont really have a favourite band/singer/music style. If I am cleaning, I like old stuff (70's, 80's) if I am BBQing, Minisrty ChillOut albums. If I am exercising, Doof Doof.
  12. I wish I had done teaching or nursing at Uni. I wish I had just known what I wanted to be when I had to make the decision
  13. I have a thing about leaving the house with a made bed, washing done and dishwasher on, clean counter and toys away. Just in case we get broken into.
  14. I am a Twi-Hard. I love The Twilight Saga. Team Edward!
  15. I read. I love to read. I don't read enough. Love a good historical drama (Tommo and Hawk, New York, Kane and Abel.)
  16. I have so much Deja'vu. My theory is that it is situations of a past life. People who have very little or no deja'vu are new to their current life and those, like me, who have it often, have been in their life before (I know, weird...Don't judge)
  17. I am really looking forward to turning 30
  18. My first overseas trip was to New Zealand in 2002. I went skiing with two girlfriends...it was also my first time skiing.
  19. I knew that I would marry my husband as soon as I met him. Another deja'vu moment?
  20. I am not a mathematician. 0-20 percentile band for 2 unit maths in my HSC. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the HSC - That was NOT GOOD! I am terrible at basic maths as well...times tables? Whats that? 
  21. I judge you when you use poor grammar. You are = You're, Have Not = Haven't, and for god sakes..it is YOU not YOUSE!!!!!!
  22. I spent most of age 5 to age 10 on a boat. We owned two yachts over that period and I really didn't appreciate them as much as I should've.
  23. Give me a dinner or BBQ at a friends place over a bar or pub. Sorry. I just dont enjoy having to wait for the bathroom or not getting a seat.
  24. Against all good advice and words of warning from those who have done it before, my husband and i are demolishing and re-building our family home *Gulp* Oh yeah, and the builder said 26wks...so it will only take 26wks right??
  25. I have never broken a bone. I broke my nose and dislocated my finger when I fell over in NY, but no arm or leg or toe.
  26. I love Barbies. Between my sister and I we had 21. I still love Barbie. I got one for my birthday this year in actual fact. Poor Miss S and Miss E, they will have Barbie whether they like it or not!
  27. Lasgane. My favourite meal would have to be Lasagne. And my lasgane at that. Exotic hey!
  28. I hate coffee! Blurgh....The smell, the taste. I wish I did though, because it seems like it is really enjoyable. I have only just started drinking tea. I used to just not like hot drinks.
  29. I have only ever lived with my parents and my husband, never with friends. Actually, I have never rented a house. We bought our first home before we got married and I moved in just after.
  30. I don't wear perfume. I try to, but it gives me a headache.
  31. Like a lot of women, I have too many clothes and only wear 1/3 of them. Some of them are my "skinny" clothes (which I haven't worn since before Miss S) and some are my fat clothes (which I am happy to say I haven't worn since just after Miss E was born). 
  32. I'm a Gin & Tonic gal. Champagne when I am out with the ladies, but a G&T after 5pm at home (not every night!) really hits the spot.
  33. My wonderful girlfriends and I try to orgainise "Ladies Lunch" as often as possible (which is getting harder). Good food and drinks with lovely company. A chance to dress up and talk crap. So lovely.
  34. I love dressing up. Always have. I hate that we don't have enough opportunity to dress up nowadays. I would love to have been able to wear hats and gloves and skirts with cinched in waists and stockings (maybe not when it is as hot as it is now). Dressing up for a day in the city or for morning tea like my grandmothers used to do.
  35. I would love to do a creative writing class or something similar.
  36. Dream Holiday? hhhhhhhmmmmmm....Tropical island somewhere. Over water bungalow, crystal clear water, butler, good book and my family (they can only come if they behave themselves the whole time and there is no whinging).
  37. I enjoy watching sport: Cricket, Rugby (Union, NOT LEAGUE!!) AFL. I am even not that bad with the rules.
  38. I actually cope quiet well on very little sleep...until it goes on for too long!! I find it impossible to sleep during the day. WHat do they say: Live while you're alive, sleep when you're dead. That being said, I love my bed. Our first major "married" purchase. So good!!
  39. As you may already know, I am incredibly indecisive! It is so frustrating for me and for people around me. It is something that I am working on for 2011.
  40. I have a strange obsession with Sharks? Bizarre i know. I used o borrow all the shark books from the library and I have the complete set of Jaws movies. Shark Week on The Discovery channel is the best week of my year! I dont think i would ever swim with them as I am absolutely terrified, but they really are fascinating....especially the Great White Sharks that breach in South Africa.
  41. I love storms. There was a moderate sized "cyclone" that hit suburbia when I was little. The sky was green, the wind was so noisy I couldn't hear myself scream. It was terrifying, but beautiful all the same. My Pa taught me about thunder and lightning and I am looking forward to teaching Miss S and Miss E to count between the thunder claps and lighting strikes.
  42. I love old movies: Brigadoon, the Red Ballet Shoes, Gigi, Daddy Long Legs, My Fair Lady...and the list goes on! My mum used to encourage me to sit up and watch them with her and I am so pleased she did. And I will do the same with my girls.
  43. I did Ballet for 5 years. And I was good (If I do say so myself). I wanted to keep going but my ballet teacher said I had too short a neck to be any good...Nice, Mrs Callaghan!
  44. I tend to start a lot of thing, but never finish them. This is another thing I am working on in 2011.
  45. I'm aiming to loose 15 kgs (at least) for my 30th birthday at the end of the year
  46. I prefer to give presents than receive. I have always had that inkling, but Christmas this year really brought it home. Don't get m wrong, I love presents, but seeing the look on someones face when they open something that you have given them warms my heart.
  47. I like nice things. Call me materialistic, call me a label snob. I don't care. I like nice things.
  48. This is the life that I dreamed of. The only difference would be that everyone would have what they wanted.
  49. Despite working in retail for 10 years, I have no idea about fashion or accessorising. Horrible waste of time that was hey! 
  50. I am terrible at answering calls, returning calls and keeping in touch (as I'm sure some of friends will agree with). I do try, but believe it or not, I am busy too!
I'm actually not going to read over this list. Sorry if I have repeated myself. I encourage everyone to make a similar list....it's very enlightening.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your list! Kind of liberating getting it all down on paper don't you think?! Keep those posts coming x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. Thanks for the link. Think its the first time someone has linked to me!

    ReplyDelete

Love to know your thoughts...