Monday, December 27, 2010

Bring in the New

Okay, Okay...I'm sorry, I have been neglectful. I have left you out in the cold. I have. I have cast you aside. I have put you at the bottom of my list. How awful. I'm sure though, like an old friend, you will understand. We have had quite a bit on this last month. Shall I bore you with how busy I have been?? No, no...I'm sure you have been just as busy. 

I spose, in a nutshell: new house, new toys, new-ish body, new teeth (Miss E) along with new tricks, new business, new clothes (heaps of!), new friends, new habits (some bad ones too). And amongst all that Miss S is still making me laugh (perfect example: Christmas day in the wadding pool, no bigger than a bath "Okay everyone in the pool" It was a cracker!!) and Miss E has kept on growing. They both have been learning each day.

I am, surprisingly, managing all of these new things quite well. I never used to be able to handle new things well. Change was okay, but new...not so good. I like old. Old is like a comfy blanket. The one we keep close to the lounge for snuggling. Or, like comfy, nanna undies: really should get rid of them, but you know that they are good under white and have no lines under jeans. I think that this ability to handle this new is a must. I have to see good and be positive because I have two little people who are yet to learn about negative. I want my girls to always see the good. The positive side. Sure, being realistic is essential, but seeing the bright side to every situation is, i believe, vital. It really can get you through anything. I was watching "Titanic"  (What, poor example???) today and Jack is so positive in the end. He makes Rose swear that she will not give up (think negatively) and so she survives (may help that she wasn't the one in the water). Yes, it is just a movie, but it did make me realise how being positive is such an important thing to teach my girls. 

I think I have become more positive since having them in my life. Since being me plus 3. Positivity breeds happiness and I want them to come from a happy place, a positive environment. I'm sure all mothers want that for their children. I believe for them to be positive means they will be okay when I'm not there to pick up their pieces (although, I don't plan on that happening!!) I can't stop "bad" things happening to them, but i believe me being positive during this slightly stressful (remember all the new in the 2nd paragraph? new house, new toys, new-ish body, new teeth (Miss E) along with new tricks, new business, new clothes (heaps of!), new friends, new habits (some bad ones too)) time will show them that moving on and heading forward is possible, ok and exciting.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know your thoughts...